OFFERED: Tuesday – Friday 8:45-11:45
This program is designed to prepare your child for Kindergarten through cooperative and imaginative play and by enhancing their awareness of the outside world. Children prepare to tackle new challenges through problem solving, listening and accepting responsibility. Opportunities are provided to increase verbal and comparative skills, enhance socialization, develop motor skills and build self-esteem.
This program focuses on preparing your child for Kindergarten by:
- Fostering independence, problem-solving, and self-help skills through structured daily routines
- Offering age-appropriate, challenging academic activities in the areas of language & literacy, math, science, & social studies aligned with Common Core Standards & Illinois Early Learning Standards
- Supporting physical development through stimulating fine & gross motor activities
- Utilizing both large and small group to provide opportunities for collaborative learning
- Promoting self awareness as a tool to further foster self-regulation, social and interpersonal skills necessary to thrive in a lively, cooperative kindergarten classroom
- Inviting children to explore their interests through an emergent curriculum
AFTERNOON ENHANCEMENT OPTION
Based upon the varied needs of four-year olds and their families, we offer Big Day to extend and enrich the day for your child.
The Big Day Program includes lunch with friends, free choice play, and enrichment activities. Big Day is offered on a day-to-day basis.
• Extending a 4’s Pre-Kindergarten day until 2:00 available: Tuesday – Friday
REGISTRATION AND TUITION
Registration is $120 for the first child and $75 for the second child. This registration fee covers all processing expenses. Fees include a supply charge for consumable items that are used within the classrooms. The registration fee is non-refundable and due at time of registration.
• Tuition is collected a month in advance.
• Members of the Union Church of Hinsdale receive a 10% discount on tuition.
The Union Church Early Childhood Program is licensed by the State of Illinois. We follow the teacher-to-child ratio mandated by the state.
The 4’s Pre-Kindergarten program has two teachers for 20 children. This ratio provides your child with the best learning experience.
TEACHER CREDENTIALS AND BACKGROUND
Mary Beth Wegner – Ms. Wegner has been a member of the UCECP team since 2007. She brings a Bachelor’s in Early Childhood from Illinois State University. “I enjoy offering them a variety of provocative materials that challenge their creativity and problem solving skills.”
Allie Cook – Ms. Cook joined the UCECP team in 2009. Allie is certified in Elementary Education with a Bachelor’s Degree from Western Michigan University. “Being a part of each student’s journey and watching how much they learn throughout a school year…that is my favorite part of being a teacher.”
Nancy Parenti – Ms. Parenti has been with the UCECP since 2007. She brings with her years of preschool teaching experience and an Associate’s Degree and an education from the College of DuPage. “I feel like each day is a rewarding adventure with preschool children.”
Mary Juska – Ms. Juska has over 10 years of preschool teaching experience. During her tenure, she has taught in excess of 300 students. Ms. Juska graduated from Western Illinois University. “I strive to make every child feel how special they are and I truly enjoy teaching at the UCECP. I look forward to helping the children develop socially, emotionally and academically to ensure a successful transition into Kindergarten .”
5 days per week 8:45–11:45
(minimum age: 4 years old by September 30)
Monday — Friday: $470.00 per month*
* (There are two sessions of 5-day 4’s Pre-Kindergarten.)
Additional Enhancements include:
• BIG DAY: extending the 4’s Pre-Kindergarten day until 2:00
Tuesday — Friday:
$135 per weekday per month