OFFERED: Monday and Wednesday OR Tuesday and Thursday 9:15 — 11:15 OR Friday 9:15 — 2:00
This program provides children with the beginning steps to knowing themselves as a learner in a group setting. Children are supported as they work through transitions and sharing so that they are better prepared for the dynamics of community learning. Teachers help children and parents work through separation. The daily schedule includes: gross motor and free choice play, group time with songs and stories, snack, and process-oriented art explorations.
This program focuses on the following goals:
• To provide a loving, caring environment that builds trust through connections and on-going communication with the child and their family
• To create an atmosphere where children’s learning, aligned with the Common Core, are achieved through dynamic and unique play experiences
• To facilitate children’s independence and self-help skills.
• To develop and assist in language acquisition
• To provide on-going, engaging opportunities for language, early literacy and pre-writing development
• To tap into basic math, literacy, and science concepts that children can build on throughout their preschool experience
• To involve children in daily art explorations with a variety of open-ended materials including watercolor, paints, clay, recycled materials and more
AFTERNOON ENHANCEMENT OPTIONS
Based upon the varied needs of two year-olds and their families, we offer an Extended Day Program which includes lunch, story time, nature walk, and special focus.
Extended Day Program
• Extending a 2’s Preschool day until 1:00 OR 2:00 available: Tuesday – Friday
2 1/2’s — 2’s BOOST! FULL DAY Friday
• An additional full day of 2’s Preschool offered on Friday with a focus on the skills of the older 2 year-old.
Friday: 9:15 – 2:00
REGISTRATION AND TUITION
Registration is $120 for the first child and $75 for the second child. This registration fee covers all processing expenses. Fees include a supply charge for consumable items that are used within the classrooms. The registration fee is non-refundable and due at time of registration.
• Tuition is collected a month in advance.
• Members of the Union Church of Hinsdale receive a 10% discount on tuition.
The Union Church Early Childhood Program is licensed by the State of Illinois. We follow the teacher-to-child ratio mandated by the state.
The 2’s Preschool has three teachers for 20 children. This ratio surpasses the requirements established by the state and provides your child with the best learning experience.
Teacher Credentials and Background
Sara Koudelka – Sara joined the UCECP in 2012. Previously she had worked at the UCECP as a Substitute Teacher. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education and has been working with children for 9 years. “I love to see when a child makes a first connection with a concept and the way their face lights up is so rewarding.”
Nicole Schaefer – Ms. Schaefer holds a degree in Elementary Education with an endorsement in middle school Language Arts. “After teaching 3rd-6th grade for several years, I am excited to be working in the 2’s program at UCECP! I love the curiosity and genuine joy for learning that takes place at this age. The UCECP does such a wonderful job cultivating this love for learning and turning our children into life-long learners.”
Paula O’Neil – Paula has been in the field of early childhood education since 1994. Ms. O’Neil has a degree from College of DuPage. “My favorite aspect of teaching is seeing children grow and develop through hands-on learning.”
2’s PRESCHOOL: 2 days per week 9:15 – 11:15
(minimum age: 2 years old)
Monday and Wednesday: $205 per month
Tuesday and Thursday: $210 per month
Additional Enhancements include:
• 2’s BOOST! FULL DAY Friday: adding a full day 9:15 – 2:00
Friday: $185 per month
This program includes free play, large group, gross motor play, nature walks and lunch with friends. This class will focus on the specific developmental skills of the older 2 year old.
• Extended Day: extending the 2’s Preschool day until 2:00
Tuesday — Friday 1:00: $65 per day
Tuesday — Friday 2:00: $100 per day